FREELANCE UX/UI DESIGNER
BASED In BERLIN
EMPOWERING THE ART WORLD
At Book a Street Artist we have a clear vision: empowering artistic talent and making it universally accessible. We believe that talent should be valued independently from the context it is presented in. Therefore, we want to design tech products and tools to enable artists to manage and promote themselves in a more efficient way, and to match clients and artists with each other perfectly.
Our core product is a web app that connects talented artists with art loving clients who book them for their occasions: marketing campaigns, parties, events, festivals, venues, painting their office walls. For artists, we want to build a true alternative to the corporate & capitalist art world which is focused on exploiting the artist and compromising creativity for capital.
You are welcome to join us, if you want to apply your UI/UX & product skills for this cause and vision. You will be in charge of designing new exciting tools that the artists will be using everyday to promote their services.
- You will be in charge of designing the aesthetics and interaction of our brand new platform.
- You will be in charge of performing UI/UX testing on our artists and new users.
- You will redesign the new website from scratch: choosing the right content and UI patterns to communicate with our clients and the artists.
- You will design a high quality product with user friendly dashboards and a highly sophisticated admin backend as well as integrated booking and payment processes.
- You will keep in mind that we are a content-based platform that inspires the client and base your work on gathering requirements, creating technical specifications and architecture documents, creating good documentation, and managing a project timeline.
- Besides the booking engine, we want to build other fantastic products that empower artists. Ask us and we will tell you what we have in mind. Tip: our products for artists are both challenging, and exciting. Especially if you are into machine learning.
- An awesome start-up environment in the middle of Berlin with flat hierarchies, fast decision-making and a great company culture.
- A highly passionate and dedicated team of young entrepreneurs, designers and many many artists, i.e. people who love what they do on a daily basis. We are an international mix from countries like Colombia, Germany, Uruguay, Portugal, Belgium, Mexico...
- Develop and implement your own ideas to develop and grow the company.
- Access to our artists' and clients' events.
- We are a for profit start-up with social mindset. We put people before money, and we have strong ethical values. If you are aligned with these ideas, this is your place to be!
You are a multi-skilled UI/UX designer with strong business-focus and understanding for user needs.
- You have experience designing beautiful and functional platforms online.
- You are comfortable organizing UI/UX experiments to validate design decisions.
- You are transparent about your strengths and weaknesses and able to hire complementary co-workers in the future. You are resourceful and willing to learn and grow with the company.
- You are familiar with best practices and data driven UI/UX.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude with laser focus on the business problems our artists and clients intend to solve with technology. Ability to quickly identify changes in technologies, team dynamics, society, and new emerging business opportunities and to recognize what these changes mean for the product and for your own role.
- Passionate about creating innovative products and working in the arts & entertainment area.
- Based in Berlin!!!
- Bonus points: If you know how to code your designs into html and css!
Sounds like right down your alley? Please send us your CV, your portfolio, a short paragraph why you'd like to work with us to [email protected] (Subject: Platform UI/UX Designer).